Cloud Native Developer
Seldon is looking for a Cloud Native Developer to join our team. We are focused on making it easy for machine learning models to be deployed and managed at scale in production. Our open source project seldon-core ( https://github.com/SeldonIO/seldon-core ) runs on top of Kubernetes and allows any model that can be packaged as a Docker container to be deployed and controlled as part of a larger runtime graph.
We are creating a new enterprise application “Seldon Deploy” to manage Seldon Core deployments. It will allow various roles within an organisation to collaborate, monitor, audit and deploy machine learning models.
Your role at Seldon would be:
- Work on Seldon Deploy to help build the core backend functionality including interfaces to external systems such as source control (Git, GitHub, Gitlab), authentication and authorization backends, metric, logging and alerting systems.
- Work on extending our open source Seldon Core project to ensure it works well with current could native tools including Image builders (e.g., Kaniko, Buildah, img, s2i), service meshes (e.g., istio, linkerd) and networking (e.g., Ambassador, istio, GCP/AWS/Azure) as well as ensuring compatibility with all clouds and on premise installations.
You would be expected to keep abreast of the latest Cloud Native developments and support open source projects in this area.
- A degree or higher level academic background in a scientific or engineering subject.
- Familiarity of Go and Java.
- Experience with Kubernetes and the ecosystem of Cloud Native tools, for example: Argo, Ambassador, Istio.
- Familiarity with linux development, e.g. shell scripts, python.
- Contribution to open source projects.
- Familiarity with source control and CI/CD.
- Experience of machine learning.
- We are located in the heart of Shoreditch, London.
- Working in a small team in which your work will have immediate impact.