Cloud Native Backend Developer
Seldon is looking for a Cloud Native Backend Developer to join our team. We are focused on making it easy for machine learning models to be deployed and managed at scale in production. Our open source project seldon-core ( https://github.com/SeldonIO/seldon-core ) runs on top of Kubernetes and allows any model that can be packaged as a Docker container to be deployed and controlled as part of a larger runtime graph.
We are creating a new enterprise application “Seldon Deploy” to manage machine learning deployments. It will allow various roles within an organisation to collaborate, monitor, audit and deploy machine learning models. This is a greenfield project and you will be involved in the architecture and design of the backend and related tools.
Your role at Seldon would be:
- Work on Seldon Deploy Backend from the ground up to help build the core backend functionality including interfaces to external systems such as source control (Git, GitHub, Gitlab), authentication and authorization backends, metric, logging and alerting systems.
- Work with our FE Developer to create initial MVPs and onwards towards an initial release by Q3 2019.
- Work with the Data Science team to integrate the core data science tools and their outputs into the new product.
- A degree or higher level academic background in a scientific or engineering subject.
- Familiarity of Go and Java.
- Experience with Kubernetes and the ecosystem of Cloud Native tools, for example: Argo, Ambassador, Istio.
- Familiarity with linux development, e.g. shell scripts, python.
- Familiarity with source control and CI/CD.
- Familiarity with Kubeflow
- Contribution to open source projects.
- Experience of machine learning .
- Share options to align you with the long-term success of the company.
- Exciting phase of fast-paced start-up challenges with an ambitious team and unlimited potential for professional growth.
- Access to discounted lunches, gyms, shopping and cinema tickets.
- Healthcare benefits.